TransFueler DOT 406
The Smart (And Legal) Choice For Transporting & Dispensing Gas.
All the features and heavy duty construction of our standard TransFuelers, PLUS!
Certified DOT 406 tanks comply with Federal law to transport gasoline. Don't be fooled by competitors claiming DOT approval. If it doesn't have a DOT 406 data plate, it's NOT a DOT 406 tank.
- DOT 406 Certified, Engineered, Baffled Tank
- Engineered Rollover Rails
- Manway with Vented Dome Cover
- Internal Valve with Emergency Release & Cable Operator
- Heavy-Duty Steel Chassis
- Steel Fenders & Decking
- Electric Brakes with Breakaway Safety System
- Heavy Duty ST Trailer Tires on Steel Wheels
- LED DOT Lighting Package
- Fill-Rite or GPI High-Output 12v 20 Gallon Per Minute Pump
- 10 Micron Fuel Filter with Filter Mount
- UL Fuel Hose & Automatic Shut Off Nozzle (12’ Hose Standard)
- Heavy Duty Tongue Jack
- Heavy Duty Adjustable Hitch
- Fuel Meter
- Tank Fuel Level Gauge
- Deep-Cycle Battery Kit: Box and Automatic Charger
- Nozzle Swivel
- 25’ x ¾” UL Hose on Spring Rewind Hose Reel with Ball Stop
- GPI M3025-AV Aviation Pump (25GPM)
- Facet VF-21 Filter Housing and Element
- Mechanical Totalizing Meter
- 12 Volt Deep-Cycle Battery, Battery Box & Automatic Battery Charger
- 50’ x 1” Aviation Grade Hose
- Spring Rewind Hose Reel w/Stainless Steel Internals
- Stainless Steel Plumbing and Fittings
- Aviation Overwing Nozzle w/Dust Cap & 6.5’ Grounding Wire
- 50’ Static Cable on Spring Rewind Reel
- (2) ABC 20# Fire Extinguisher w/Brackets
- ¾” Fuel Sump Drain Valve
Additional Available Options
- Certified Meter for Resale (Can be certified by weights and measures)
- Stainless Steel Fill Pipe w/2” Ball Valve; 2.5” API Adapter or 2” Camlock with Dust Cap
- Fuel Management System
- Electronic or Mechanical Totalizing Meter
- Diesel or Gas Powered Pump System up to 55 GPM
- Hose Reel w/ 50’ x 1” UL Hose
- 20# BC Fire Extinguisher(s)
- Spare Tire Assembly
- Tool Box; 48” or 58"
- Steel Pump / Hose Enclosure, keep equipment safe and secure
- Work Lights, LED or Halogen
- Generator / Air Compressor
More options available. Contact us for information. 800-509-1904
Made in America
IMPORTANT NOTES & POLICIES:
A specific tank is required per CFR49 Parts 100 - 185 transportation, for the transport of gasoline in a bulk container. Due to the flash point of gasoline, this tank falls into the category of Class III Fuels that is REQUIRED to be transported in a Code DOT 406 vessel. If this tank will hold gasoline, the tank is required to meet DOT 406 Specifications, be labeled accordingly and be annually tested per CFR 49 requirements. Gasoline has a Flash Point of -40`F, which is lower than the 100`F for Class III Fuels to be included in the “non-code” section of this provision for Class III Fuels.
DOT406 Tanks meet the requirements of 49 CFR Ch. I (10-1-07 Edition) §172.102, B1 and 49 CFR Ch. I (10-1-07Edition) §173.242,Bulk Packaging for Certain Medium Hazard Liquids and Solids, including solids with dual hazards.
DOT406 specification tanks meet Federal regulations for the transport of Gasoline and most other fuels over public roads.
Important DOT 406 Requirements (not inclusive of all DOT 406 specifications):
The standard manway incorporates a 10” fill/inspection port and also functions as an emergency valve. The manway also incorporates a “normal” valve that opens to accommodate for changes in vacuum and pressure per the DOT code. Depending on tank dimensions, a smaller manway with the vents and ports is installed and a larger bolted manway is added for full inspection access.
CONNECTIONS / INTERNAL VALVE
All connections on top of the tank are shielded by rollover protection rails. All connections to the base of tank are done with emergency valves that feature an externally operated, internally actuated poppet, external shear section, and fusible link (closes in case of fire), all per the DOT code.
Tanks are constructed of A36 mild (carbon) steel, 304 stainless steel, or aluminum alloy. The shell and head thicknesses are dictated by the DOT/ASME code and are based on the material used and the dimensions of the tank.
Quality Fuel Trailer and Tank, Inc. does not monitor federal, state or local laws regarding use of these products. Customer assumes full responsibility for legal compliance. Please consult with authorities concerning proper use prior to purchasing.
Because of the nature of our products, it is typically not feasible to return them to the manufacturer for repair. For a period of one year, we will ship needed parts, and pay for necessary warranty work done locally and arranged by the customer. Warranty covers manufacturing and assembly defects only. Warranty does not cover damage caused by user or units modified in any way by user. Abuse, misuse, etc. is not covered. All of our products are built to last, and should give many years of service when properly operated and maintained.
All sales final. All products sold are made to order and cannot be returned.
Please confirm that what you order is what you need. Receipt of a purchase order or deposit constitutes acceptance of specifications by customer.
Changes made after receipt of order may be subject to surcharge.
Terms: 50% Deposit at order, balance due upon delivery. Contact us if other terms are requested. (Governmental purchases excepted)
All equipment sold remains sole property of Quality Fuel Trailer and Tank Inc. until payment in full is received.